- Business Process Management
- Service oriented architecture (SOA)
- SV Group applications
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- IT assets management
- Data backup
- Disaster Recovery
- IT infrastructure virtualization
- Proactive IT systems and application monitoring
- Big Data solutions
The application solution “Business Processes in the Office” is a Web-oriented programme solution based on the Java technology, DB2 relation data base and Web Application Server (WebSphere Application Server or WebSphere Portal, WebSphere MQ, IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business, DB2 UDB, Tivoli Storage Manager).
The solution enables:
- receiving documents – entering textual data on a document, allocating registry numbers and distributing documents by organisational units. A document can be taken from electronic mail
- scanning of ingoing documents – scanning of ingoing documents in a standard graphic format (word document, ordinary text, IT picture record) and their filing in the central relation data base in the form of attachments
- charging employees – distributing jobs to employees with terms of job completion
- linking documents – it is possible to link several documents and their attachments in a logical manner, and in case of an error in document filing, join two or more documents into one
- filing and processing documents – processing documents by employees is done locally, on a personal computer, using some of the standard office tools (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- monitoring and supervision of documents in process – at the level of organisational units and the company as a whole it is possible to monitor a document (in which organisational unit it is, which employee is dealing with the document, the current state of the processing)
- dispatching documents – when the processing of a document is completed, it is dispatched and filed
- numerical indicators – making reports in the form of numerical indicators for certain time periods at the level of a company, organisation unit and employee, by kinds of documents, methods of processing and finalisation of the procedure
- re-numerating documents – re-numerating documents at the end of the year for unfinished document
Since the solution is written in the Java technology, it is independent of the platform or the operational system in which the application is done (UNIX/AIX, LINUX, WINDOWS, z/OS). The IBM DB2 UDB data base, available at all the mentioned platforms, is used as the relation data base.
This application is not limited only to the use in a local environment but it can also be used with the Internet with additional protective measures.
The drawing of the application solution
A brief description related to the drawing:
- Documents are received in the registry office by a registry official. During the reception, the registry employee uses the Web Browser to enter basic data on a document (data on the sender, the document and the number under which this document is filed by the sender, a brief description of the document, the degree of confidentiality, the method of delivery, etc) and to note to which organisational unit the document is forwarded. The registry number is automatically allocated, and the document itself is filed in the central relation data base. The moment the document is filed in the central base, it becomes available to all organisational units for further processing and is found in their incoming mail trays.
- The documents from a case are forwarded to a person in charge of scanning. The documents are scanned in some of the graphical formats (Word, IT picture record or ordinary text).
- After scanning, the documents are transferred to the central data base of the case in the form of an attachment and are linked with the registry number under which all the documents are kept. Using the Web Browser, the employee in charge opens a list of cases with unscanned documents. By a simple procedure of connecting the scanned documents and the cases with unfiled data, the registry number and the scanned documents are linked.
- Cases allocated to the registry records official are found in the new incoming mail of the organisational unit. The authorised person uses the Web Browser to inspect the incoming mail, allocated cases to the employees and determines the completion date.
- The employee opens the case in the new task box with the Web Browser and starts work. The employee processes the case locally on their computer using some of the office tools (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- When the operation is completed, the locally made document is transferred in the central base of the case in its original form and is connected with the registry number.
- The authorised employee in the organisational unit authorises the dispatch of the case electronically using the Web Browser, while the dispatch itself, accompanied with the dispatch book, is done in the registry office.