JetBrains recently commissioned and published a new Total Economic Impact™ study conducted by Forrester Consulting. The study presents interesting and useful new insights and statistics on the financial benefits, as well as the productivity benefits that a company can enjoy when using IntelliJ IDEA. It explains why IntelliJ IDEA is a worthwhile investment, provides return on investment (ROI) details, discusses the extent to which this tool increases developer productivity and code quality, and many other features that can encourage decision-makers to embrace IntelliJ IDEA.
Some the main benefits are the following:
- Higher productivity: Developers work on average 20% faster, stay more focused and confident in their work.
- Improved code quality: Reliable auto-completion, code review tools, and a built-in debugger allow developers to review their code more accurately, and provide quality assurance (QA) professionals a way to run tests faster and more efficiently.
- Increased code maintenance productivity: Fewer bugs skip through quality assurance, shortening code maintenance time and troubleshooting.
- Faster and more efficient onboarding: An extensive user interface, shared configuration files, and style guides and templates simplify the experience of introducing new employees to work.
Here is a brief overview of the results:
- 628% return on investment
- 144 hours saved per user
- $2,027 net annual benefit per user
Download the full study for more details.